Boarding for Kaos

by nycgadgetgirl on May 21, 2007 · 6 comments

in Tales of Kaos

Thanks to those of you that have donated to help keep Kaos safely boarded while we search for a new home for her. Boarding is costing $13.50 per day. Clicking the button below will allow you to pay for as many days as you are willing and able to donate.

You can pay by paypal or – if you prefer – by credit card!

(PayPal button removed from post after Kaos left boarding.)

(Amount is $13.75 to cover the paypal transaction fees.)

1 Lachlan May 21, 2007 at 1:16 pm

She’s covered for another day, at least.

2 Leigh-Ann May 22, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Write to Best Friends at animalhelp@bestfriends.org and explain the situation to them. They have an email network of people interested in helping out, and you can ask them to send around an alert to folks in the NYC area. The list is quite targeted, so you don’t have to worry that someone in Nevada, for example, will receive the request.

When you write to them, you’ll first receive a generic email, but then a real person will write back. They’ll send you lists and lists of things to try before they’ll agree to help, so be very insistent that you’ve tried a number of things, that Kaos has behavioral issues, and that you’ve been raising funds to keep her in a boarding kennel. Best Friends will help you if they think you’ve done as much as you can, which I think you have. Given Kaos’ background, it wouldn’t surprise me if Best Friends offered to take her in, and there’s really no better sanctuary for an animal to end up at. She’d have tons of adoption opportunities there, as well as behavioural modification training.

I really hope this helps. I’m trying to place two cats right now, one of whom is disabled, and I want the pair of them to stay together. I’ve been trying for ages with no leads, so I know how frustrating it can be!

3 Debbie G May 23, 2007 at 10:29 am

Ummm, Leigh-Ann, Kaos _doesn’t_ have “behavioral issues”, and while Best Friends is a great organization, we want Kaos in a home, not a sanctuary. Kaos got along great with people and with dogs in her foster home in Florida. She got along fine w/ Ami’s dog after they got past the initial snit which was initiated by Dakota, not by Kaos. I don’t understand where these supposed “behavioral issues” keep coming from… *sigh* The only thing close to a “behavioral issue” that I know of is that she chases cats, and we don’t even know whether she just wants to play or whether she’s “chasing with intent”. Sheesh. One of _my_ dogs chases cats … I’ve had fosters who chased cats … I never branded any of them as having “issues”.

And Lachlan, thanks for the donation! 🙂 Every day helps!

4 kas May 29, 2007 at 4:24 pm

Just covered a week – hope it helps and that sweet baby gets a forever home soon!

5 Jeanette June 20, 2007 at 1:59 pm

I can’t believe what is going on with poor Kaos. I have not checked in for awhile but now I am so upset. I had a home for her in Florida but I was told no because Ami was going to take her.

Now the poor thing is still not with a Family. I will try to find out if this person would like her and I will get back as soon as I locate them.
He would have taken her right then and there.

Ok I will give it a shot, but can’t promise anything.
Jeanette

PS. Don’t ALL dogs chase cats? I thought it was natural?!?!?

6 nycgadgetgirl June 20, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Jeanette, I had COMPLETELY forgotten… you DID tell me you had a couple people ask about adopting her. I can’t believe I forgot. That would be great. I have one person in California interested, but (1) not sure and (2) Calif is FAR.

Yes, most dogs chase cats, but the real problem at Ami’s was that her (step)daughter – who was totally excited about Kaos until she met her in person – turned out to be terrified of Kaos and it was ruining her visits. They ended up crating Kaos a LOT and Ami felt awful about it. 🙁