CELEBRATION TIME!

by nycgadgetgirl on August 14, 2007 · 20 comments

in Tales of Kaos

OK, so I was trying to wait until she’d been home or a day or two, but my sister won’t let me. She tried to scoop MY GOOD NEWS today by posting it on her blog first! Therefore, she’s forced my hand and I must make the public announcement NOW…

Exactly six months after Benedict’s disappearance,

KAOS HAS BEEN ADOPTED!

Yup! You read that right. Our girl has a home to call her own. 🙂 Big thanks to Wag On Inn for courtesy listing Kaos for us on their website. A very, very nice NJ’ite named Erin ran across that listing, read all about Kaos and got in touch. She went to visit Kaos at the boarding kennel this past weekend and fell in love with our sweet girl. All the formalities have been taken care of as of this afternoon and Erin will be taking Kaos home soon – maybe tomorrow!. And yes, she PROMISES me that we will be receiving photos and updates.

YAY FOR KAOS. YAY FOR ERIN. And thanks again to everyone that helped get Kaos here from Miami Dade Animal Control, Ami for taking care of her for 2 months (even though that didn’t work out quite the way we’d hoped), to my sister for setting up the deal with the boarding kennel and paying for it, to Wag On Inn for the listing, and to everyone that made donations along the way to help defray the costs. I love you guys. 🙂

1 ami August 14, 2007 at 9:34 pm

YAY!

YAY YAY YAY!!

2 Debbie G August 14, 2007 at 9:49 pm

LOL!

Sorry for being so pushy… but so many people have been asking about her and I wanted to share the good news as soon as I could. 🙂

3 Janet August 14, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Oh, I’m so glad it’s worked out for Kaos!!!

4 bibby August 15, 2007 at 12:27 am

Absolutely wonderful, I hope Kaos and Erin have a great life ahead.
Bibby and Lily

5 prajantr August 15, 2007 at 9:34 am

Yay! I’m so happy for Kaos! Woohoo!

6 kasnj August 15, 2007 at 10:15 am

This is awesome news, I’m so happy for Kaos and Erin!

7 Cathy August 15, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Mazel-tov to Erin and Kaos! I’m so glad those delicious ears found a home!

8 Lachlan August 15, 2007 at 4:58 pm

Wonderful!

I’m sorry we couldn’t help more than we did, but it sure sounds like everything happened the way it was supposed to. Your sister is a saint!

And so are you. Much love from the PacNW!

9 riann August 15, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Hi I’m Erin’s cousin and I went with her to the kennel and to get Kaos TODAY!! Yes the sweet girl is on her way to her forever home!!! She had to meet Erin’s Friends first.(a resounding approval by the way) Everything is so far so good. I will send some pics I took.

10 Kristine August 15, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Yahoo from the Midwest!!! We are sooo happy to hear this news. For months I’ve been badgering hubby with every new development about Kaos. I’m sorry too that we couldn’t help more other than a few days boarding costs. Kudos to Ami too for taking on Kaos as long as she did and Debbie for all her assistance! Hopefully this new chapter in Kaos’ life will take, thank you Erin!

11 Anne in FL August 16, 2007 at 12:10 am

I have been in Mn and haven’t kept up with Kaos. I am SOOO glad this finally has a happy ending. She is such a sweet dog and if we didn’t have 4 beagles, we would have taken her ourselves. Getting her out of Miami and up to PA was such a success then that didn’t work. She is one very special girl with a lot of people pulling for her. Have a wonderful life, Kaos.
Anne, Dave and the Hooligans

12 Israeli Friend August 16, 2007 at 9:25 am

Gland Kaos has found a home at last!
It has been too long!!!
And lets thank you- Jenna for taking responsibility for Kaos all this time!

13 Sara August 16, 2007 at 2:59 pm

This is wonderful news and I am so happy for Kaos (and for you…)

14 riann August 16, 2007 at 10:38 pm

let me know if you get the pics…I’m not the most computer literate person in the world…lol

15 Frannie August 17, 2007 at 9:15 am

That is so awesome! Lots of luck to Kaos and Erin! : )

16 Linda August 17, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Hey…. I work with Kaos’s new grandma & believe me she will have an awesome life now that she’s finally settled.. “Spoiled rotten” is somewhat of an understatement. But with what she’s been through, I guess she deserves to spoiled now.

17 Kathleen August 17, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Hi, I’m Kaos’ new “grandma”. I met her last night and it’s hard to believe she’s traveled so much in 2 1/2 yrs, been with so many different people yet has such a wonderful disposition. Out family will love her for many years to come. Thanks to all who helped bring her to my daughter Erin.

18 Debbie G August 17, 2007 at 2:54 pm

Linda, Kathleen and Riann, it’s great to “hear” from members of Kaos’ new extended family and friends. 🙂 I’m so thrilled that she’s finally settled, and I love that she’s gone from small or no family to having a home of her own and an extended family to care for her (not to mention her blog-family, ’cause we’ll always want to hear updates!).

It was frustrating, knowing the perfect home had to be out there somewhere and not knowing how to find it. The wait was worth it, though, because it sounds like this is a perfect match.

19 nycgadgetgirl August 18, 2007 at 11:47 pm

🙂
I’m happy.

20 rachel August 29, 2007 at 9:10 pm

Wow— six months.. Hard to believe that it has been six months. Poor girl. Having been lucky enough to actually meet her ans spend a few hours, I am so happy to hear those big brown eyes will be shining brightly again!