Kayla (aka Kaos)

by nycgadgetgirl on September 19, 2007 · 10 comments

in Tales of Kaos

Kaos has a new life and a new name. Colleen felt that Kaos didn’t really fit her loving nature and I agree that Kayla is a much sweeter and more feminine name! She is doing really well with Rick and Colleen. They are socializing her and exposing her to new situations slowly and she is living the good life on the Jersey shore. I’m still trying to adjust to the idea that she’s finally got someone else to take care of her, but it’s a lot easier when I see pictures like this!

Kaos with ColleenKayla with Rick
Kayla on the beachKayla on the beach

PS Click to embiggen!!!

1 Lachlan September 19, 2007 at 11:48 pm

I imagine you are both relieved and sad, in a way. What a long emotional journey, and you no longer have to be a caretaker the way you have been. It’s hard to let go.

But, she’s got a good home now. And a good life ahead of her.

Well done, J. You did a wonderful, wonderful thing.

2 nycgadgetgirl September 19, 2007 at 11:51 pm

It wasn’t just me and you know it. There were probably 40 people involved with helping Kaos, including people like you who made donations and got the word out about her!

I am SOOOO happy for her. 🙂

3 Debbie G September 19, 2007 at 11:51 pm

Awwww… what happy faces! 🙂

Very very cool… looks like our girl’s finally in the right hands.

4 nycgadgetgirl September 19, 2007 at 11:55 pm

Makes it all worth it, doesn’t it sis?

5 Bettina September 20, 2007 at 9:27 am

That’s the best news (and pics) I could get today! Thank you, Jenna!!!

6 rachel September 20, 2007 at 9:44 am

It is like saying good bye to a friend who’s moving away or maybe a little like sending a kid away to college. It helps when the new families keep in touch and send pictures but sometimes they don’t so often and it’s hard because you are left to wonder. But I have to say that 99% of the time, if you don’t hear anything, it’s usually because it means everything is fine and they’ve moved on with their new lives… but if you put in a plug every now and then, it sometimes reminds the new owners that –hey I’m thinking of you, and they can give back even a simple hi everythings great…

7 kasnj September 20, 2007 at 10:29 am

Such great news, thanks for posting the pics!

8 Nat September 20, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Kayla has an absolutely irresistible and charming smile. I’m so happy for her, her new parents, and everyone who was involved in this emotional process. It’s great to know that there are still some good people out there.

9 Lachlan September 21, 2007 at 4:03 pm

No, it wasn’t just you- but YOU got the ball rolling and did a lot of hard legwork at the start. Had you NOT taken the initiative, Kaos/Kayla would not be around to be enjoying the Jersey Shore.

So take the credit due you and shut up. 🙂

10 Jeanette November 13, 2007 at 10:53 am

Just checking back to see how Kaos ( mean Kayla )s doing? Nothing new has been posted since Sept, hope all is still going well in New Jersey with Colleen & Rick?
I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeanette (Kaos’ first foster Mom)