Now That It Is A Done Deal

by nycgadgetgirl on September 3, 2007 · 6 comments

in Tales of Kaos

I have to tell you all that Kaos has moved AGAIN. Erin love, love, LOVES her, but there was a bit of a problem when one of her friends came over with their seven year old daughter. Kaos was a total sweetheart until the little girl reached for her mom’s hand and then – for some unknown reason – Kaos lunged at the little girl’s leg. Erin’s reflexes were fast and she pulled Kaos back, but it shook everyone up. Erin has a young niece and nephew that visit frequently and everyone agreed it was just too risky for Kaos to be around them right now.

A wonderful couple named Rick and Colleen have adopted Kaos. They live not far from Erin. Colleen visited Kaos and fell in love with her. She took her to meet Rick and he loves her too! A home visit by a friend of mine in rescue in that area resulted in a glowing recommendation. They have a HUGE backyard for Kaos to play in. They have experience with large dogs. They are committed to working with Kaos on her impulse control and then desensitizing her very carefully to small children. It seems to be the perfect situation for Kaos. Erin was really sad to let her go, but also happy that a great home had been found. Maybe it was fate the Erin met Kaos and took her home, because otherwise Rick and Colleen never would have met her!

Here’s the first picture from Rick and Colleen and they’ve promised to send more. Look at that yard!

kaosyard.jpg

1 Debbie G September 3, 2007 at 5:16 pm

Wow… what a yard! I want one like that. 🙂

And I think you’re right… even though things didn’t work out for Kaos to stay with Erin, it sounds like that was the “staging” move that needed to happen in order for the right folks to meet her.

2 Lachlan September 3, 2007 at 11:01 pm

I don’t even know how to wrap my brain around the journey Kaos has had. I REALLY hope this is going to be the end-stop for, she’s had so much discontinuity- tempered, of course, with a lot of love and good vibes from all over the country.

3 rachel September 4, 2007 at 8:31 am

I hear you, Lachlan! I am a bit anxiety-ridden over her journey of many stops…I hope this is it for her and she gets into some serious behavior classes– this sweet temperament may have a breaking point, and I don’t want to hear a bad ending to this dog’s life 🙂 Paws crossed that this is it…

4 kasnj September 4, 2007 at 9:52 am

Aww, that’s such a shame, but hopefully, with time, training, and TLC, this is the happy ending that we’ve all been hoping for! Thanks for the update!

5 prajantr September 4, 2007 at 10:53 am

Wow, but it has been an incredible journey for Kaos. But it looks like there’s a great future for her at this home. 🙂

6 Kristine September 9, 2007 at 9:50 am

Jenna, How is Kaos doing?? I hope this latest home is working out so far. I agree with the others that maybe all the others were staging moves for her to get to where she belongs. And it sounds like they will know how to work with her!